Wednesday, February 14, 2007

soulful sepulcher: I took a walk; You have mental illness and medication , now what?

soulful sepulcher: I took a walk; You have mental illness and medication , now what?

Well, once again, Stephany seemed to have the right words for me today. I love the concept of "mindfulness" -- for myself and to share it with Honey.
More often than not, my mind is in the past or in the future and hardly has any idea what is currently going on. I do feel that "life is passing me by" and I am letting it. If I try, I know I can change the way I live and in practicing a more mindful existance, share it with my family as well.
I have so enjoyed reading (and putting into practice) Peace in Every Step (Thich Nhat Hanh)-- it all makes sense in a simple yet very spiritual way.
Focus on my breathing... such a simple thing- but it seems to make me ever so aware of ME and allows me to actually FEEL me and then I slowly feel some of the tension leave and fill those spots with a sort of calm or peace. lovely

1 comment:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.