Monday, February 26, 2007

world turned upside-down but set back a little straighter

wow, what a couple of weeks. A lot has happened. a lot of hard, good things.
Making a l o n g story a bit shorter, Honey and I had a great conversation and within the conversation my sweet, lovely Honey let me in on some horrors of her past year and a half. Let me know just what it was that led us to seek the Dr. help with symptoms of depression.
That horrid boy that she called a boyfriend last year raped her early in their relationship.
Then, she went to her "best friends" for help and support, kindness and a shoulder... and she got shut down, ignored, called a liar and worse.
So she went back to "Icky" as I like to call this creepy "boyfriend" who managed to use the fact that she now had no friends to brainwash her into thinking she "needed" him just as he "needed" her. That they were meant for each other, that he needed "help" and she was the only one who "understood" him and the only one who could help him. He knew all the right things to say and do to "keep" her and control her.
He continued to abuse and assault her. I had NO idea. She really didn't give any indication that SHE was unhappy with HIM (it was her friends that were causing the most pain, she would say, and HE was "helping" her through it) and everytime I tried to talk to her about their relationship she denied any problems, she never admitted to feeling that he was overbearing or controlling and couldn't stand the idea of "breaking up" with him. I spent most of the school year last year and a good deal of the summer trying to "wake" Honey up and get her out of his control.
Finally she saw the light (many people flipped the switch on and off, but it was something she had to "see" for herself, I guess).
Actually, late this summer/early part of the school year is when I finally filed for and was granted a restraining order on Honey's behalf.
Maybe the pain got too great? Maybe it was too much to try to bear alone? I know God intervened, stepped in. It became clear to me that Honey needed help with something. She finally shared it- at first just sharing the inital attack, then a few days later able to talk about how the assaults both sexual assaults and emotional abuse continued throughout the relationship.
That bastard.
Given the opportunity, I would make sure he would never hurt another living thing- ever.

2 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.