Tuesday, March 13, 2007

bad night

Honey had a bad night.
I think yesterday was overwhelming.
Going back to school after almost 2 weeks complete with her demons
Starting softball
A lot of homework due today
A lot of homework due at the end of the week.
Not sure what time it was, that she came into my room feeling "bad" and crawled into bed with me.
I dont think it was a bad dream. She said she was "just doing homework and I just started crying" (why she was still doing homework, I am not sure. When Superman (boyfriend) was going to stop over, I asked if her homework was done- "just about" and this sadness was a couple hours later.
We talked (she talked) a little. When she woke me up, it was out of a deep sleep, so I was really groggy.
I feel asleep pretty fast.
Not sure how long she stayed awake.
Just wanted to make note

3 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nunya said...

alot of stress for poor honey, and for mom. i hope she's feeling better today.
i agree with stephany, accommodations can and should be made to ease honey back in. i think you have learned though that i'm of the opinion that mental health takes precedence over schoolwork... i'm way lenient with my guy. if he doesn't feel he can do it, i don't push it (much). i worry every day if he's going to get that diploma, but better to worry about that than the other...
you know?

i hope you got my response to your question.

hang in there mom, you're doing a fine job coping and helping honey to cope.

ps, i wanted to mention that you need to put your request for a IEP review in writing - and i would send it via certified u.s. mail - signature required - so you don't have to badger anyone to stamp or sign off on it for you, which sometimes they can be difficult about. once received in writing the school has 30 days (i think) to set up an evaluation meeting. if you decide to agree to the lesser strictures of the 504 plan, at least all of your concerns have been addressed.

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.