Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Not really sure where we are...

I am not sure what is going on.
I am thinking now of the possibility that Honey is struggling with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). Her counselor/therapist suggested it. When I research it, it sure sounds like she could be dealing with it. Talked to doctor about it (as well as the fact that she is back on tablet form of sertraline only- no liquid) and we both agreed that since we are not seeking medication but are hopeful that counseling/therapy will be most helpful, that a formal diagnosis at this time would do nothing but add another label.
I am seeking couseling above what the sexual assault center is offering. The couselor she has there is GREAT but can only meet with Honey once a week for a half hour. I am thinking, that at least for the time being, until Honey is feeling more grounded and has more coping techniques that are working for her, that meeting with someone else who might be beneficial.
Honey is home from school again today.
She was at school Mon and Tues, but felt very anxious/nervous/overwhelmed there.
She has been talking frequently of seeing her "nightmare" at school often- she feels that any time she is out of class (restroom break/counselor visit/library visit) she had been seeing "him" loitering in the halls. I listened and talked about whether it just seemed like she aways saw him, just because she was so nervous about running into him.
Well, yesterday, I shared her "sightings" with her couselor on the phone, who agreed with Honey that yes, he is in the halls a whole bunch. He even made an inappropriate comment to her (counselor) who was on her way down to her husbands classroom (they both are on staff at Honey's school) - he made a comment like "Oh, I know where YOU are going... and on school hours too" like she was going to have some sexual contact with her husband. She has since reported his comment to the pricipal/vp. I sent an email to the vp today with concerns about this creep roaming the halls (like a predator) and cc'd it to Honey's couselor. I have been assured by both that the issue will be dealt with, that there is no reason this kid should have free reign at school, wandering around unsupervised. I mentioned in my email that I think she feels like he is looking to run into her. I think he probably gets a charge out of running into her, since he can be upsetting without violating the restraining order. I have been told time and again that there is no way they can enforce that he be required to be a certain number of feet away from Honey at school. They have made sure that they do not have lunch together, no classes together and lockers in different halls, that they will enforce that he is to have no contact with Honey, but beyond that there is nothing they can do. Well, I hope they can keep him in class. I guess he has a right to finish his education, but he is not getting that education loitering in the halls.
I will post more later about our agreements with school and other things

No comments: