Thursday, March 8, 2007

stable self?

Last night I wrote that Honey was "back to her stable self".
Maybe (?) I spoke too soon?
Not sure yet.
She does not feel well today, BUT...
we probably screwed up ( what's new )
We have had tickets F*O*R*E*V*E*R for "Disney's Princess' on Ice" (or whatever it was called)
A special treat for "Tootsie" since we were doing NOTHING for a vacation this year. It seemed a bad year for vacationing, Honey having a tough time and all. So instead, I figured we would take some fun local "trips" throughout the year.
I should have insisted that Honey stay home. I should have known (when, oh when will I learn!!) that it would be too much stimulation for her, especially right now!
A couple day ago, I would have made her stay home.
But yesterday, after getting a proper dosage of her poison (aka Zoloft), she seemed more grounded.
Well, she wants to come, doesn't want to miss it.
She seemed okay this morning, but tired and a little irritable.
The feelings seemed to increase on our way there (about an hour drive)
She was overwhelmed.
When we got there she was-
Overwhelmed by people,
overwhelmed by noise,
overwhelmed by the pure visual stimulation that makes up a "Disney on Ice" performance.
And of course, we forgot to bring the Aconitum Napellus (a homeopathic remedy that Honey has used with success for panic attacks.
She was uncomfortable, I could definitely tell, but she kept denying it.
When the show was over, we stayed in our seats until most everyone had cleared out and the custodial crews were cleaning up. I wanted to be sure that the area was pretty cleared out of people in the lobby area, escalators etc.
We practiced some deep, calming breathing-- tried to trick her body into thinking that she was not overwhelmed.
She slept on the way home.
She cancelled boyfriend plans for the evening.
I need to learn and remember this mistake.

3 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Honey's mom said...

Stephany, as always, thanks for your kind words and reassurance.
I will, we will allow this to be a learning process, and I need to remember this is a road less traveled, so much of our learning is first hand-- we dont get much of a benefit of watching someone else go through it/reading about it/classes etc... most of it is first hand education
Thanks again for support and thanks for reading my babble

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.