Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Honey still irritable- withdrawal?

Honey has been really been different, though I am just now putting it all together.
She says she has felt this way for a couple weeks (which would be when I had to start cutting the Teva form of sertraline). It is just looking back at this time period that she realizes she has been “off”.
I have noticed it for about a week, but chalked it up to being housebound and then thinking she was getting sick.
Since I had many reasons to validate a change in her behavior and I am still not sure what its cause, I am just putting it together and seeing the big picture and I worry that it is somehow withdrawal symptoms?—could the dosage be that far off in my pill cutting to give honey withdrawal symptoms?
It seemed to escalate yesterday:
Irritable, irritable, irritable. Feeling sick (headache, body aches- no fever), feeling “down”, tired, tired, tired and affected more than normally by stimulation. (Example- Honey has been helping little sis with a computer game for a while (a month?) Honey wants to/likes to do this and they usually have fun. It is a game from lil sis’ school and lil sis runs into problems and Honey helps her figure out what to do. Honey helps for 15 minutes or so without any problem whatsoever. Yesterday, Honey helped and ten minutes later she was climbing the walls and had to lie down. I talked with her about it and we decided that it was too much stimulation- that activity like that would have to stop.)

We had been house-bound Wed- Saturday due to snow, lots of snow. Honey got outside just a few times for an hour or two at a time during that span. Without school and with slippery roads, Honey has been home much more than normally would.

Little sister has obviously been housebound with us. Little sister has been driving Honey crazy. Honey has had periods of absolute inability to tolerate lil sis. (and little sis isn’t really doing that much to irritate- it is just her being around??) She doesn’t want to be touched by lil sis or have her even get close. I am doing everything in my power to keep lil sis away from Honey. Have talked with lil sis and let her know it is important to just leave Honey alone. Let Honey come to her and then just talk quietly and gently with her. That when Honey is ready she will play again.

Maybe Honey is sick?
Maybe it with withdrawal symptoms?
Needed to make note of this

2 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Honey's mom said...

Withdrawal, that is what I thought too... remember it from last time. What I really dont like, is that it is not supposed to be withdrawal.
For the most part, she really should be getting something close to 37.5mg/day of sertraline- give or take a couple mg- she hasn't started to taper yet.
If this is withdrawal, then when we do start to taper, I know I cant go more than 5 percent at a time... because I am hoping that I am not off in my dosages by more than 3mg- if that. So withdrawal could be a bitch. But she WILL be okay.
Yes, a smutty book, that sounds good, lol.