Wednesday, March 28, 2007

husband

A couple days ago, my husband freaked me out.
Honey decided to take softball one day at a time. Was not going to make a decision whether or not to play, just keep "playing" but if a day was too hard, she would not go to softball... if there were more days than not that she was unable to go to softball, maybe there would be her answer. Husband couldn't figure this out. Why wouldn't she play? Why should it be stressful? Honey explained to me, then I tried to explain to him, that it wasn't that softball was stressful, it was the TIME it took- practice til 6pm, games until 8pm or later, then home, get homework done, eat something quick, then go to bed, only to wake and do it all over again- fine for someone who can concentrate and focus, who isn't struggling with insomnia and lack of sleep, fine when you are feeling good to begin with, but she is not feeling "fine".
Honey left to visit with a girl friend for about 15 minutes. I took that time to hopefully open his damn eyes and get him to realize that he has to quit loving his kids based on WHAT THEY DO... but love them just because THEY ARE. I made him read a bit from the ssri stories site (www.ssristories.com) and told him (me in tears of course) that he needs to stop with the pressure and the stress and just be glad she is alive, be glad we are not reading about her story on that site. I think I made my point, I just hope it stays fresh in his mind.

1 comment:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.