Sunday, March 4, 2007

snow, weekend, school break

Personal vent--
We had a busload of snow Wed-Friday (actually into Saturday) no school for the kiddos (and thus no work for me on Thur or Friday-- which unfortunately means no $$ from clients -- will I really have to call them? beg for my $$... the $$ I earn feeding and caring for their kids?
Husband thinks I should let it go (not remind them that regardless of the snow storm, they still need to pay up NOW) and just make phone calls NEXT Sunday night letting them know that they will need to have child(ren) bring bag breakfast, lunch and snack- including beverage. Please also include toilet paper, cups, napkins, art supplies. Hey, food for us too since we haven't eaten in days! And then NEXT Friday, when they will all figure out that they have not yet paid me for this past week... I should actually do what I say I will do in my contract for late payment and add the 15.00/day late fee to their invoice. Ha. That might be fun. It might make starving worth it too. I will have to see. Of course, being me, being the spineless, loving daycare mom that I am, I wont do it. I wont call them all tomorrow and insist on being mailed a check- received no later than Wednesday... and I wont call next Sunday night to let them all know that bagged meals/supplies will be required by all children. And, I wont tack on the late fee (that I have right to per my contract that all families have signed) that would total 210.00/family. Doormat, yes, that is me when it comes to my job...
We really do have nothing worth eating... little tootsie just asked me what I was making for "dinner" I asked her if she wanted "Slim Fast" or Kraft mac & cheese made without milk. She is eating saltine crackers with ranch dressing- yum! lol
Suppose I will have to do something about this- it would be nice if hubby had a job, wouldn't it? Got a little in the checking account, but saving that in hopes that Honey will get the rx for Zoloft oral concentrate on Wednesday. Hate to dip into the savings. Shouldn't have to. Guess I will have to call for my money. Makes me feel like I am groveling. Like I am asking for a loan. It's my money- I have already earned it. THEY don't have to wait around til their employer feels like paying up.
I am crabby.

No comments: