Wednesday, March 28, 2007

phone call from little sisters school

I received a phone call from little sister's school this morning (I cried 3 times on the phone just this morning)
It was from one of her teachers, Mrs. K.
Mrs K was concerned about lil sis. She seems to be losing her confidence. She has noticed it for a couple of weeks. She wanted me to know, wanted to know if I had noticed it. I shared with her (which I should have done weeks/months ago) that her big sis was having problems and she needed a lot of daily support/encouragement and private time with mom.
I felt so bad. Lil sis has told me a number of times in the past few weeks/month that school is "hard", doesn't "like" school anymore, is having trouble with friends... I listen, I do and comfort her and encourage her, but I really wrote it off. I thought maybe lil sis was in her own way, duplicating what she thought Honey might be saying to me when Honey and I talk alone.
This house has been crazy the past few (several?) weeks (months??). I know that lil sis has not had as much of me as she probably needs (and for sure wants). This is so damn overwhelming.
Work a full-time plus job in my home, try to keep the dust tumbleweeds at bay is a job on its own here... this place is overgrown and full of dust plants and stacks of crap all over... I keep piling it because there is no time to actually deal with anything.
So, lil sis is no doubt feeling very alone and I know is missing the old "us" and the old "me" Her teacher was very understanding and had a good deal of compassion for us/lil sis/Honey. She assured me that she would give her a lot of extra encouragement and love at school.
There is just not enough time or enough of me to give them equal me right now, but it is taking its toll on lil sis... my little baby. damn

2 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nunya said...

hey, you weren't aware of lil sis struggling, but now you are - and you'll give her more attention.

fair does not always mean equal. sometimes more attention must be focused on one than the other.

don't beat yourself up mom, you're doing a terrific job.